Thursday 29 January 2015

Protein waffles

I dont have too many kitchen gadgets.

I have purchased a few and end of giving them away as they just collect dust in the cupboards.. there at three (4 including the toaster) that I do use regularly. .my Hand immersion blender, my KitchenAid stand mixer (cant live without this!), and my waffle maker.

I bought it on a whim...I think after a sunny vacation stay in a hotel where they had one on the breakfast buffet..you know the kind where you put in the batter, flip it and when the green light goes on.. taa daaaa!!!! A beautiful,  light, fluffy and warm waffle... a far cry from the frozen toaster variety. Sooo..out I went and bought a waffle maker as close to the professional variety as I could find and I haven't looked back since!

I always make my own pancake batter ..and to throw it into the waffle maker instead of a fry pan is is just as easy and the kids love it!

You can literally cook anything in it... from traditional waffles..to stuffed ones..to filled ones to sandwiches to stuffing.

You have probably seen my protein pancake recipe..which is great in a fry pan...below is how I made it in my waffle iron and it awesome!! Flavour town.

I am very rough in measurements when it comes to this so here goes...

A handful of oatmeal, 2 eggs, handful of coconut,  3ish teaspoons of ground flax, 1 small banana, 2scoops Arbonne vanilla protein powder...mix and throw it in.. delish!

Make a few up..pop them in the fridge and toast in the morning (1/2 a waffle is tons!) And top with almonds & maple syrup, or pb, or blueberries stewed with some balsamic, sliced strawberries and drizzle of macademia nut oil and a touch of honey, add dome ginger, cloves and cinnamon to the batter and tip woth applesauce.....or however you want! So filling, tons of protein, complex carbs and healthy fats.

Start your day off right..eat!

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment