Tuesday 2 September 2014

Walking the Stage

Welcome!!!!  Thank you for taking the time to read my Blog.  This is my first endeavour into this form of social media (yes..i'm a late bloomer) so bare with me as i learn the ropes!


My name is Kara and I have started this blog because I have had a lot of friends asking about fitness/figure competitions and how to get started; what i did and do to stay healthy, and how to manage all of the aspects of life successfully and with excitement and passion and proudly Walk the Stage of life.

This is the Goal!! I am a long way from it but i know with your help and support I will get there and hopefully inspire you to give it a shot as well. I definitely don't claim to be an expert on any of the above, but will offer my humble opinion from life experiences. I look forward to learning and listening from you as well so please drop me a line!

Starting the first week of Septemeber I will be gearing up to begin my figure competition training and want to provide a platform for anyone who has questions about this form of sport.  this will really be geared for beginners as I am starting from "scratch" in terms of exercise and diet.  For the past 8 months i have been out of commission post a patella tendon tear and surgery. It has been a long recovery and still will take another 2 years before i am back 100% and free of pain.

Lovely railroad tracks :/

 I am cleared for returning to sports as long as i am careful and so all exercise plans will be easy on the knees :) .  I have noticed a lot of muscle loss, a lot of fat gain :(, a change in my metabolism (feeling cold all of the time - which was NEVER an issue) and a lack of cardiovascular endurance.  My cloths have never been tighter (thats what 4 months of sitting in a llazy boy will get you :/ ) , I have never had less energy, and I have never questioned my choices more then in this past year which also shows you how much my own mental health is directly linked to my physical health.  Exercise is one of the best de-stressers out there!  I have never owned a scale or worried about calories or BMI when i have made exercise a daily endeavour. Before I hurt myself I LOVED going to the gym!!!  If this seems like a stretch for you- you're thinking- she is crazy!! - I can guarantee you - You do it daily - you will miss it when it when you can't!!  Those little endorphins can be pretty powerful and adrenalin can be your best friend :)  I want that back!!!  I don't care if it will take me 6 weeks, 6 months, or 6 years, that is a non-negotiable in my books - that feeling of energy, health, craving the burning lungs and the sore muscles, not worrying about what bathing suit I'm wearing, throwing out the spanx, and being happy in my own skin

If you are also looking for these things, we can do it together!  I will be blogging my exercise plans, my food/recipies/diet, beauty routine, even my (i can't believe I'm doing this) measurements.  I will blog about the lead up to competition, the post competition, if and how it affects my family and work, how i fit it into other sports and everything in between.

I want to be honest with you - this is not easy…far from it!  I have played many sports at many levels of competition and I can say that this is one of the hardest.  It takes more commitment then probably anything you have ever done. It is also the most rewarding and affects every aspect of your life, including something that i think is the MOST important…. it shows you that YOU ARE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING. YOU ARE IN CONTROL, and that By YOUR OWN WILL, Your LIFE CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT IT TO BE!!!    Join me, keep me accountable, design your life how you want it to be, share and learn, surround yourself with positive energy and be a light in this world for others.

In health & happiness

XO Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment