Tuesday 30 September 2014

Its getting HOT in here.. so....

Sweat... I love it. I can feel the toxins, the dirt from my environment leaving my body. I can feel my immune system getting stronger. I can feel my body relax. Any way you can get your body sweating is a good thing!  (Ahem) 

The Sauna is my reward after pushing my body hard through a workout.

There are so many benefits to having a sauna.. just internet search and you will see why you should also be feeling the heat.

Here is a couple tips that I use to get the most out of my 10min down time post workout.

Brush or rub your skin... you will bring your blood to the surface of your skin and promote circulation in your body. It also feels incredible and your skin is more touchable and smooth (bonus!) .

Enjoy the heat..sink into it, relax, clear your mind by dismissing thoughts that enter.. focus on the present and not the thousand things you need to do today.

When you are dripping with sweat, jump into a cool shower... seriously.  It will close your pores,  get your immune system pumping and invigorate you for the rest of your day. I love to give my skin good rub down with my Arbonne sea salt scrub. (Did you know your skin is your biggest organ? Treat it well!) .It is made with all marine botanicals and really completes the detox process.

This, my friends, is the best reward you can give yourself. Trust me, start your day with a hard workout (today was chest and back with my girl Maddy.. ouch!!) Sauna, and scrub, you will feel more energized, friendlier, more social, better able to take in work tasks, family issues, child meltdowns, and the regular crazy run that we call life :)

Deep breath and take a few moments for yourself ~> YOU deserve it!!

Enjoy the ride! Xo
Kara


Ps... just to cover myself.. check with your doctor before! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment