Wednesday 28 January 2015

Can wait to get back (pun intended ..again)

Have you noticed all of my past blog posts have been food related?

Well.. that's becasue ..as per Chiro orders... I wasn't working out all of last week.. :(  ..it was a very long week where I spent a lot of time stretching and rolling by mostly feeling sorry for myself, baking and eating and trying to move as little as possible. I was in bad shape. There was also maybe a little bit of wine drank :/  ..

I am the first to say that this is absolutely NOT how you should handle something like this!!! Ok I make it sound really bad.. really I did spend about 4ish hours throughout the day working on my back, still ran kids to activities and made sure supper was on thebtablet and the baking and drinking was really not that much but I was in a rut .

For myself, exercise is so greatly tied to my mental health, and I noticed a huge change in my body (not in a good way!) Just from one week of not moving. Im sure the average person who see's me with my cloths on wouldnt notice a thing..but I do!

Am I critical of myself? 100% .  We all are right? Things we say to ourselves,  what we put ourselves through that we would never want anyone else to... we need to stop that voice in our heads sometimes. Personally, that voice is also what drives me to succeed so find that healthy balance with your head space :)

Finally.. feeling back to my 100%. I was SO pumped to get back to the gym and wanted cardio and weights and everything i could throw at myself... so I talked to my workout partner Maddy about doing a kickboxing workout with me. This is one of the hardest hours you will spend at the gym..and one of the most rewarding. It works your entire body and is incredible for cardio.  ..plus. .if im being honest... I needed to hit sh*!. 

Hands wrapped, gloves on and punching pads is a major stress reliever!!!

Back to my regular schedule and a good head space with a healthy body! Thank you for your patience in waiting for my posts..im back and will begin more workout posts :) xo

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment